Saturday, February 14, 2009

Facebook Privacy

Hey friends,

  I was stumbling around the Internet over the weekend and spotted this helpful article.  I have explained to many of you about facebook and facebook privacy settings.  I know that most of you are currently using facebook.  There are loads of great things abou facebook, but the privacy settings that are standard are not so great.  Automatically, when you join up, you have very little privacy.  Almost anyone can see almost anything that you put up onto facebook, including pictures that other people post of you.  A lot of people have gotten in trouble for things they have posted themselves or that others have posted about them.  You can keep yourself safer. 

  
There are 10 tips included in this article to help you manage your privacy settings better.  Check out this article to help you out with your own privacy on facebook, the writer tells you step-by-step how to increase your privacy.

   Here is a super short list of tips (most of them are the same as the ones in the other article), The Purple 'Puter Lady talks about teaching her students about facebook privacy.

  Do you use facebook?  Why do you like using it?  What are some problems you've had with the privacy settings?  Leave a comment here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, even though I don't use facebook, I wonder how people can hack into your computer... and wow! Tech is super complicated!

Fatema said...

Hey Mrs.Pollock,
I believe you are doing a super job with your blog. It looks better every time! All though I don't use facebook, I believe their are many students who are having trouble with the facebook privacy setting. It's a great thing that your taking your time to help those students.

I would like you to check out my assignment #7 and leave a comment for me.
-fatema

Mimi said...

Hey! I do use facebook because its fun too meet knew people and talk to your friends, just like you do on msn. But you have a good point. If you put pictures of you, people can take your picture and put it on a different body. I never had a problem in facebook, and i wish i never will. But i also never had a problem on facebook because i never put pictures of me and i made it in janurary, so I'm new to facebook but i got into it really fast.
Thats all i have to say. Thank you.

Sarah S. said...

hi miss pollock,
i am now done assignment number 7, thanks so much for allowing me to post it on the weekend as i had to do my assignment over again. I just have to arrange my pictures, they are a little mess up and there is a lot of blank space at the bottom, i hope that's okay until i edited it tomorow!Well i hope you had a great valentine's day and a wonderful family day! See you tormorow!

~ Whippy

Damien said...

You made a typo D: you spelled about abou

hind a said...

hi miss pollock, could facebook still be dengerous if u know how to use it? like u dont add random people or accept people u dont know !! IM SOO CONFUSED about deleting my facebook or no because its the only way i can see what my cozins in other countries doing :(