Monday, February 16, 2009

Test Your New France Knowledge!


   Try a quiz to see how much you know about New France.  This is a pretty neat quiz because as you get questions correct, your canoe moves further along the St. Lawrence.  How did you do?  What did you learn that you didn't know before?

  If you liked that quiz, you can try another quiz about Canadian Daredevils.

  Both quizzes come from the website for Kayak Magazine.  Their website is good, but their magazine is better.  If you have a chance, pick up a copy of this magazine, it's a Canadian History magazine for kids and is full of lots of great information presented in a fun way.  

  As always, you are more than welcome, you are encouraged to leave comments after my posts so that I can hear about what you are doing and if the things that I am posting are useful to you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. For the first quiz i got 8/10 questions right. It was a fun quiz and it was really cool and i learned that while David Thomas broke his legn he started to study Surveying and mapmaking.

Anonymous said...

For the first quiz i got 8/10 questions correct. What i learned that i didnt know from before is that when David Thomas broke his leg, he started to study surveying and mapmaking not sewing. The other thing i learned was that annie Taylor was 63 years old when she became the first known person to go over the falls and survive she wasn't 53 years old.

Marsha C said...

Hey Miss Pollock,
I got 7/10 on the quiz. On the first question it was easy, but it gets harder when it goes on.

Marsha C said...

On the second quiz, I got 6/10, so I think I'll try doing the quiz again if I still have time.
On this quiz I learned a lot, just like on the first quiz. Now I know what the meaning of Quebec is, and a lot more. :)

Anonymous said...

hi miss pollock
i did the quiz and i had a little trouble but i got 6/10 butit was fun <3
from: leila

James said...

Hi Ms Pollock!

I played and I TRIED to help Dillon with the quiz, but I gave him a couple wrong answers. :\

The quiz was fun but very challenging at the same time. I didn't know that daredevils can get a fine up to 10,000$ dollars or six months in jail for preforming stunts on the Niagara Falls!
Overall the quiz was very unique and very neat, so i hope to score more than 6/10 next time!
Jamesss

Dillon said...

Hi Miss Pollock!
Th first quiz I got 6/10. It was kinda hard and all, with JAMES right beside me giving me all the WRONG ANSWERS. Anyways some things I didn't know before were that David Thomas studyed surveying and mapmaking while his leg was broken. Must have been pretty bored considering he decided to learn something because I would just sit on a couch all day playing my Xbox360, but then again, I guess they didn't have an Xbox back then let alone a television, so I guess the thing he did was pretty relevant and resourceful.

Taya said...

Hello Miss.Pollock

I tryed the quiz and i gpt 9/10 and it was pretty cool and i leared some new things that i didnt know before! Im going to try the quiz again and see if i get 10/10!!

Taya