Monday, February 16, 2009

The Great Upper Canada Adventure


   I found a cool online interactive game, called The Great Upper Canada Adventure, to explore some of the difficulties early Canadian settlers had in moving from Europe to Canada.  You take on the persona of a European peasant family member and make decisions.  It's pretty interesting.  The game is kind of like those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books that I read as a kid.  Based on your decisions, the outcome of the story changes.  If you're done all your assignments or need a break, you can play this.  

   Also, as always, I'll be reading comments that you leave here.  If you play, let me know what you thought, and read and respond to your peers' feedback.  (Note: This is a great way for you to show me that you're working with the information that you're given and for me to see that you're understanding the things your learning - this will help me to give you marks!)

1 comment:

Dillon said...

Hi Miss Pollock! I just finished playing "The Great Upper Canada Adventure Game" and boy, it was actually pretty fun. It gave me a great overview of what the europeen settlers had to face before moving to Canada, and how it would be a really good decsion in the end. I liked this game because it was so interactive, and it let you make your own choices on what to do and how you were going to survive. As a job to make income, I chose to become an oil prospector and lived a "happy life " until they end of the game:).

-Dillon