Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Assignment #7 - Canadian Personalities

Hello cupcakes,

For this assignment, you will be checking out some of the great online resources of the Canadian Museum of Civilizations. There are several parts to this assignment. Do this assignment step by step, but make sure to double check that you've done EVERYTHING before you publish it. Organize your post so that it is easy for readers to tell which question you are answering (see instruction #3 below)

1. Read about the Canadian Personalities in the "Meet the Personalities" section.

2. Start a new post on your own blog.

3. Link to this assignment in your post and make sure to introduce each section of your post by writing the question that you are answering either in bold or in another colour.

4. Answer the following questions:
a.) Which category of Canadian Personalities interested you the most? Did you like the "we inspired", "we founded", "we fought", "we built" or "we governed" section the best? Why?
b.) Which personality interested you the most? Why? Find an image of him or her to embed (add to the body of your post) and write, in your own words, a short description of what he or she did and why he or she is your favourite. If you get information from any source, you must credit it by creating a link to it (that includes information from the site that I've asked you to look at).
c.) In your post, suggest three more influential Canadian personalities that could be added to this site. Why did you choose these people? Which categories would they fit into? Link to information about each of them.

5. Vote on your favourite Canadian personality. (Click on the link to vote)

6. Turn the volume down on your computer, and play the Mystery History-Maker Match-Up. Find out which personality you have the most in common with.

7. Go back to your post and answer the following question:
d.) Which History-Maker did you have the most in common with? Were you able to figure it out from the clues given? What do you share with that person? What are some things that are different between you and that person?

8. Think long and hard about this part and then post an answer to this question on your blog:
e.) One hundred years from now, (in 2109!) imagine that students are learning about Canadian History Makers and they discover you. What will you be remembered for? How were you a Canadian History Maker? You are using your imagination, so think about some things that you would like to accomplish in your life and imagine that you have all the accomplishments of your life to look back on. Write a short profile of yourself, imagining the contributions you have made to the future of Canada. (Write this as though you've lived your whole life. You may have been a phenomenal athlete, the first black Prime Minister, cured cancer...use your imagination!)
***Update (Feb. 12th, 2:20 p.m.) - Some of you have done an absolutely AMAZING job with this assignment. Those of you who need to see some great examples should check out Sabrina's post and Jessi's post. ***

33 comments:

Talinho M said...

Hi Miss Pollock,

In the assignment I dont quite understand what you meant by link to this assignment. Did you mean to link to where it is posted or where I found the info?
I'll start my draft but i'll wait before putting the links up.

Talinho

Makusi Peter said...

Hey Miss Pollock i don't like this assignment #7 and why is 8. numbers long?

Anonymous said...

hey miss.pollock
i was just wondering when u said find 3 other poeple can we pick poeple on that site that you linked too? or did we have to find out own popele?

Unknown said...

UM,UM,UM,UM, can we chose people from the sight you recomended to us or the people from the black history month assingment people????????????
PLEASE,PLEEEEEEEASE, get back to me ASAP, EXTRA ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Firas D. said...

Hello Ms. Pollock,

I found a website that had links to many important Canadian Personalities. Th elink to the website is on my newest blog entry. If you want, you could put an update on your blog saying what i found and linking to it. I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

P.S. This is my favorite assignment so far.

Emily Z said...

Hi Miss Pollock,
I worked SO hard on this assignment, and I FINALLY finished! I want you to check it out fast and mark it because I don't want all my hard work to go to waste, and now I am anxious for you to see it and comment.

- Emily♥

Mariam K said...

Hey Miss Pollock,
Um....Are we supposed to read 1 or more of the "Meet the Personalities"


Thank you.

Ahmad.Kh said...

Miss pollock my laptop at home is messed up and its says blogger.com,youtube.com,google.ca,hotmail.com are all blocked on my laptop

ErmosaGuanca96 said...

hello miss.pollock can i please have an extra day to do this assignment because i wasnt at school when u guys and girls went to the lab on monday 9 2009

Janet said...

Question #8 is very confusing...
I can't think about anything to write about! :(

Taya said...

Hi Miss.Pollock

I am on assignment # 7 and i am not quite done.... what do i do if i cant finsh it tonight???


Taya

ally.96 said...

hey Miss Pollock,
I have a question for assignment 7.
When you say that we have to find 3 other Canadians what do you mean.Are they from back then or today, and I could not find any websites for them.

Anonymous said...

hey miss.pollock
i was just wondering what to do if the person that you got paired up with dosent have ANYTHING in common with you because i got paired up with this guy and we dont have anythingg in common? so i just put in my post that we didnt have anything in common but i said one thing that we did. so what do i do?


thanks,
Adria

Hanifa K. said...

hi miss pollock,

on question c), I wanted to suggest Alexander Graham Bell, but is he Canadian??? thanks

hanifa

Auguste said...

Ms Pollock I am done my assignment #7 and I would like you to see it and recomend if I should make any changes to it.

Sarah S. said...

Hello miss pollock,
I was just wondering what time assignment 7 was due on (thursday fev. 12th,09), in the morning, afternoon? well talk to you latter, oh and i forgot to say to you " happy belated birthday" ,
~Whippy

Anonymous said...

Hey,

miss pollock I just finished assightment # 6 and I need more time on assightment #7.I'll try and start on it but can I still please please please please please go to the dance.

LEMONS HEAL said...

Hello Ms Pollock!

Right now, I am using a family friend's computor....

Anyways, I am working on my assignment at my mom's friend's computor, but only for a while... If I don't get it done by tomorrow, that means that I didn't finish it here since the internet at my house isn't working... My dad says he is going to fix it as soon as possible, so I will hand in my assignmnet as soon as possible, so it might be tomorrow or another day...

Just letting you know!

Helena :)

san said...

all done,.

Anonymous said...

Heeey Miss.Pollock,
I Finished ALL my assignment's, hope you can check them out later.


-Mariam.K

ErmosaGuanca96 said...

hey miss.pollock I finally finished assignment #7 go check my blog out.

Anonymous said...

hey miss pollock i finally finished assignment #7 check my blog out

murray30 said...

i am finished martin luther king murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey Mrs. Pollock,

I 'm finished all of my assignments! Do you like my backround?? :)


Genny

ally.96 said...

Hey Miss Pollock,
I finished those corrections that you pointed out!Thank-you very much for showing me them,I would of never noticed them.

Rema M said...

hey Mrs.Pollock i finally finished Assignment#7 please go check it out it took me a pretty long time to make it so check it out as soon as you get this message and comment..

Jordan d. said...

What should I do I if the game you want us to do for the assignment #7 does not work on my computer.

Yo Industries said...

hey miss.pollock
i finished #7

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Pollock

I don't understand what you mean in assignment #7 part e. Can you explain it to me better in class please and then I will be all caught up.

thanks,
Adam

Bardha(: said...

hi ms pollock
i finally finished assigment seven
i worked really hard on it, can you please cheak it out as soon as possible
thanks!
-bardha

stefan.kb24 said...

hi ms pollock
I am done the # 7 assignment (finally)
but i do not want to post it yet becuase when i post it, the paragraphs are very spacrd out.
So i will need to show u it before i post it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Pollock,
Sorry its so late, but I finished assignment 7. Can you please have a look at it on my blog?: http://historyneha.blogspot.com/2009/02/canadian-personalities.html

Thanks!
Neha :)

Ridge said...

hey miss pollock go on my blog and check out assignment 8