Monday, February 23, 2009

Be Creative! Be! Be! Creative!


Hello dollies,

I absolutely encourage and embrace any creativity you can bring to these assignments. This is a learning process for all of us (even me, your perfect teacher!) If you can figure out a better way to present your information, let me know. Helena and Sarah in E7/8 were in one of my classes last year and are a great dramatic duo. They will be working together to create their Louis Riel interview. They came to me with the request to incorporate their powers (what word did you use, girls? It was something better than that!) and made an arrangement that is fair and still showcases the things they've learned. Awesome. Another group is looking into getting their mark through a video of their interview. Just as awesome. Come and see me or leave me a comment with if you have creative ideas you'd like to try out. I'm happy for you to try new things, we just have to make a deal so that it's fair!


Just FYI, I felt I needed to offer you this because my brother Sam (who many of you will remember) was very upset about homework on the weekend. He was assigned a project in which he HAD TO use visual aids. He feels he works better without visual aids. He got stuck on that one requirement and had difficulty getting the content for his project completed. I learned a lesson from that. I always try to create assignments that I feel will be fun-teresting (fun+interesting) for you. Sometimes I get things wrong. Please, in a respectful way, tell me how you can reach a higher level of success - the options for creativity on your blog are ENDLESS!


I look forward to reading about and seeing all your juicy brain nuggets!

8 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Hello Miss Pollock,
I just wanted to inform you on something I added to my blog. It's a quiz called " The IMPOSIBBLE QUIZ", it's not history related but it's educational and you have to use your brain a lot! Try it out when you can, it's really fun!

I can't remember the word right now,but I will let you know once I remember it.

~ Whippy

Firas D. said...

Hello Ms. Pollock,

The way I learn history better is the old fashion way, using textbooks.

Anonymous said...

heey miss.pollock.!
i love your cheerleading title! very nice:)

Sarah S. said...

Hi Miss Pollock,
I was just wondering if tomorrow at a recess Helena and I can work on our assignment 8 together in the computer lab( since we couldn't do it today)-fev.24th.I guess it would have to be second recess because we have drawing club first ressece.Or if tomorrow’s isn't good maybe some recess on Thursday? Or both would be really good. If you can't though maybe we can work on it in the library. Well you can leave me a comment when you get this or tell Helena and I what works best tomorrow.

Well bye for now!

~ Whippy

Anonymous said...

hello

ms Pollock have you checked my asighnments if you didnt can you chek them

thanks

Philip

Gofran Hashim said...

Mrs.Pollock this is Galia's blog
http://www.galiahistory.blogspot.com/

LEMONS HEAL said...

Ms. Pollock, the word was umm... alliance!!!

your welcome!! :)

Anonymous said...

MRS. POLLOCK IM JUST COMMENTEING TO INFORM YOU THAT I HAVE UPGRADED MY ASSIGNMENT 5 AND WOULD LIKE YOU TO READ IT.

THANKS, MURRAY