Friday, March 13, 2009

Mapping Your Way through History


Santana (my #1 Internet researcher) has found yet another amazing site. Canadian Geographic hosts all kinds of capital ("cool" from the 18th century) sources, including Historical Maps.

The site is super, duper awesome. You pick a year and you are shown a map of Canada from that time. There are really clear legends and a description of important events PLUS bonus facts. As well, there are many wonderful links in each description. This is a great place to start your research for ANY Canadian History topic. Amazing.

As well, you can click on a link on the right-hand side of the page to do a Canada Quiz. This is a great, comprehensive quiz. There are questions that go along with each map and chunk of information. As well, unlike some not so great Internet quizzes, the answers are available to you after you've completed the questions. That means you can actually learn from your mistakes (the best reason to MAKE mistakes!).

I strongly suggest you check out this site. We certainly will be using it as a class in the future.

7 comments:

Makusi Peter said...

Miss Pollock, where is Assignment number 9?

Sarah S. said...

Hi Miss Pollock,
I hope you are having a great march break!I would just like to give you the website to my other blog I made, it's www.funwithsarahs.piczo.com I don't have much on it right now but I will add more to it soon.I also quickly posted on my history blog a post on a movie a saw the other day, involving the holocaust.
Well I will talk to you soon.
~ Whippy

samantha said...

hey miss pollock i just realized that it is kinda hard to read one part of my assingment 7 do you need me to change the colour.

Santana B said...

Hey Ms.Pollock I have found two other sites www.americanrevolution.com
and www.nps.gov/revwar/
On the second site click Get Historical on the right hand side.

Santana B said...

here is another website www.history.org/history/teaching/revolution/loyalty.html

Santana B said...

I found another website www.historyworld.net

Santana B said...

last website I think www.theamericanrevolution.org