Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some Praise for Blogging

I hope you all had a good weekend, and are looking forward to heading back to school on Monday!

I was happy to hear from two colleagues this weekend. They checked out your blogs and were very impressed with your work.

Mr. Summers, who is the Secondary Information Technology Consultant with the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (our school board) wrote to me and said, "My hat is off to you and your students... a great way to engage the kids. I am right now reading a book that took place in 1909, so the question about 100 years from now really hits home to me... so hard to imagine."
Last week, I was not at school on Monday morning because I was attending a workshop and I was happy to run into one of my favourite former teachers. Heather Mace taught me at the University of Ottawa. She is currently the Vice Principal at Featherston Elementary School. She had a look at our blogs and said, "Nice work on the Blog... it's clearly current, and gives a reason for the students to access it. I also liked how the student's own blogs were at the side, and in checking them out, you'd given them structure to check out each other's blogs (my biggest concern with online stuff is to have learners interacting with each other)."

Lots of you have also expressed your own excitement about this new blogging project, and you continue to impress me with the wonderful things you are producing!

Keep on blogging and rolling!

1 comment:

Makusi Peter said...

i can't post any comment's on zaid's!